Sunday, July 7, 2013

Custom Art Works & July's Winner!

For over 35 years I've been specializing in creating custom art works for specific spaces, places, companies and individuals. Over the years I've created landscapes, abstracts, historical subjects and industrial themed paintings and murals. 
Who'da thunk that I'd find myself creating portraits of Fly Fishing Flies for Fly Tiers and enthusiasts.

Last summer I had the pleasure of exhibiting my works at the International Fly Fishing Federation's International Fly Fishing Fair held in Spokane, WA. I found a considerable interest in my Abstract Fly Collection, as a result many have become collectors and some have commissioned me to create an impressionistic painting of a favorite fly.

Bill Willmart of Stoney Point Flies in Heber Springs, Arkansas is one of those folks.
Bill sent me a fly he calls the Deena, I worked up a rough sketch, we chose a size of 24" x 36", after several conversations I was underway.
The Deena Fly and Sketch

In a few weeks it was ready to ship off to Arkansas, and I'm happy to say Bill was very pleased with how things turned out.


Deena on the Easel



July's Free Print Giveaway goes to Padraig Green of Haiku, Maui, Hawaii. 
Aloha & Congrats Padraig!  

One of the cool things about this giveaway promotion is that many of the folks entered via Facebook and my other platforms are friends and acquaintances, such is the case this month.
I had the pleasure to meet and become friends with Padraig and his lovely wife Willow a few years back during my two year stay on Maui. The Green's are both very talented artists and delightful folks,
knowing them made my stay on the island a more rewarding experience.
Padraig Green
Padraig's image of choice is the P & L Special.

P & L Special
Mahalo Padraig & Willow for all your positive energy, and for following my work via Facebook. I hope we get the chance to visit again one of these days soon.

The monthly Free Prints will continue through the end of the year, just Like my Tom Hanson Artist Page,  or drop me a note and I'll add your name to the pool.


No comments:

Post a Comment